Job Title: Coatings Estimator / Project Manager
Location: Saskatoon or Regina, Saskatchewan
Park Derochie Coatings (Saskatchewan) Inc. is currently seeking a Coatings Estimator / Project Manager to join the Saskatchewan / Manitoba team. This career opportunity is a full-time permanent position with the option to be based in our Saskatoon, head office, or Regina location.
Since it’s opening in 2010, Park Derochie Saskatchewan has seen substantial growth leading to its recent expansion into the Manitoba market. With this progress additional workforce is needed, requiring great people to add to an already successful team.
Currently employing over 140 people, with an average age of 36 years old, both locations boast many growth opportunities internally and externally. As such, this position will also offer opportunities to learn things beyond estimating and project management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with Estimating team and President to determine scopes of work and ensure proper estimates are provided and continuous client relationships are built.
- Work with, understand and complete quantity take-offs and pricing
- Communicate with customers during bidding process and attend meetings related to project’s bidding.
- Write proposals and provide follow up with the customer through bid closeout.
- Participate in project handoff and startup planning on successfully awarded projects with Operations Manager.
- Prepare estimates by reviewing specifications and drawings, may also be required to attend pre-bid site meetings.
- Analyze all information obtained and develop estimates / proposals that are professionally organized
- Set up awarded jobs, develop work orders and attend meetings with Operations Superintendent to ensure full understanding of project execution
- Work with President and Director of Sales to ensure sales growth is achieved.
- Work with Sales Team to develop sales plan for the branch / area.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; develop realistic action plans.
- Work within approved budget; track job costs, develop and implement cost savings measures; contribute to profits and revenues; understand business implications of decisions; align work with strategic goals; ensure project profitability/labor and material rate of return.
- Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
- Ensure that all preventive and corrective actions performed for the project/site are resolved in a timely manner that satisfy all client, regulator and company quality requirements.
- Review and ensure that project / site quality documentation is issued and maintained per client, regulatory and company quality requirements.
- Inspect and document contract installation / service workmanship in accordance with company standards and documents.
- Ensure all bids and job files are organized and kept in an orderly fashion while maintaining appropriate documentation for management review.
- Ideal candidate should have 2+ years related experience with industrial Coatings Project Estimating, as well as some Project Management experience - training in Project Management will be available to the right candidate
- Strong PC Skills in Estimating software and MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills including speaking and writing clearly and informatively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel as needed to support the job
- NACE Level 1 Certification as asset
Park Derochie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and competencies outlined.
Please note that positions listed are available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with a current, open work permit only.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in these positions; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.