Job Title: Senior Industrial Insulation Estimator / Project Manager
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
We are currently seeking a Senior Industrial Insulation Estimator / Project Manager to join our team of long term employees who are committed to “Providing Best in Class Services” to our clients. This career opportunity is a full time permanent position based in our Edmonton office.
(Please note that only candidates with Industrial Insulation experience will be considered.)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete all aspects of large complex insulation RFP’s / RFQ’s
- Prepare and complete estimates with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, quantity take-off, costing, generation of proposal documents, and contract review from assignment through to bid closeout.
- Compute cost factors, develop work execution strategies.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, plan for additional resources, develop realistic action plans.
- Communicate with customers during bidding process and attend meetings related to project’s bidding.
- Generate bid proposals and provide follow up with the customer through bid closeout.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently, plan for additional resources, develop realistic action plans.
- Execute insulation projects varying in size from $50,000.00 to over $3 Million.
- Able to measure success by project safety, quality, schedule, budget and relationships with client, vendors and PD employees.
- Work within contractual requirements, track job costs, change order process, develop and implement cost savings measures, understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, ensure project profitability/labor and material rate of return.
- Communicate with customers and superintendents on design changes, value engineering, budget variation, and scheduling.
- Ensure that all preventive and corrective actions performed for the project/site are resolved in a timely manner that satisfy all client, regulator and company quality requirements.
- Review and ensure that project/site quality documentation is issued and maintained per client, regulatory and company quality requirements.
- Inspect and document contract installation/service workmanship in accordance with company standards and contractual documents.
- Generate and maintain appropriate reports for management review.
- MUST have Industrial Insulation experience.
- Ideal candidate will have 7+ years of industry specific insulation estimating and project management experience.
- CET or equivalent an asset.
- Strong PC Skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Projects and Outlook) inclusive of Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking and writing clearly and informatively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Aptitude to mentor junior personnel.
- Effective planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel as needed to support the job. Assignment to a jobsite may be required.
A position with Park Derochie represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with a large, well established, and growing company. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and are seeking opportunities for professional advancement, we invite you to join our team, and enjoy the added benefits of an on-site gym and cafeteria.
Park Derochie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined.
Please note that this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with valid, open work permits only.
Click here to forward cover letter and resume for Insulation Estimator / Project Manager position.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in these positions. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.