Job Title: Time & Billing Administrator
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
PD Management & Services Inc. is currently seeking a Time & Billing Administrator to join our team of long term employees. This career opportunity is a full-time permanent position based in our Edmonton office.
This fast paced demanding role requires interaction with many facets of PD Group of Companies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Project Managers / Foremen:
- Set up new jobs and coordinate with Project Manager to ensure set up is done correctly and the information flow has been established
- Orientate Foreman on all necessary information needed for timesheets - including billable costs
- Provide Time & Billing support to Project Manager and Foreman throughout project durations to ensure that all requirements are being met
- Maintain Manpower Lists
- Create database generated custom exports / pivot tables as required
- Track all required documentation for Time & Billing, and assure all necessary documentation is received in a timely manner
- Provide assistance to other related companies / divisions on Time & Billing processes as required
- Support and administer consistency
Personnel / Payroll:
- Identify / resolve any errors with respect to Time & Billing and Payroll i.e.: missed time, incorrect rates, etc.
- Receive / process job site expense reports
- Create weekly payroll summaries
- Process new hires, rate changes, dispatches and transfer forms
- Process terminations as per respective Collective Agreements
- Understand and apply all Collective Agreements to every day transactions
- Create jobs in Time & Billing database and confirm that all documentation is received with set up package
- Update excel spreadsheets
- Provide support to Time & Billing staff, and onsite Foremen
- Maintain up to date and accurate documentation for all Unions as required i.e. Absenteeism Reports, Termination Reports, Employees Ineligible for Rehire, Signed Dispatches, Termination Slips, etc.
- Maintain accurate employee information
Clients / Billing:
- Create electronic LEMs (labor, equipment, material) daily and forward to Project Manager / Foreman / Client to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Create a LEM summary and invoicing package as per an established schedule
- Actively engage Foremen and Project Managers to ensure that all billable invoices are received and included on the LEMs
- Ensure Project Managers are receiving signed LEMs from the client prior to month end
- Answer any client questions regarding the electronic LEMs if required
- Effectively and efficiently utilize company implemented software programs
- Set up new jobs in Time & Billing database with proper areas / activity codes
- Collect timesheets and enter into database on a daily basis
- Filing as required – working with safety department to ensure consistency
- Work to actively identify process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Cross training with other Time & Billing functions
- Maintain all employee personnel files
- Industrial Construction experience - preferably in administration, coordination, or payroll
- Industrial job site experience
- Familiarity with collective agreements
- Strong analytical, leadership and problem solving skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to travel or work weekends as needed to support the job. Assignment to a jobsite may be required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High standards regarding accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle stress
- Strong work ethic, and self-motivated
A position with Park Derochie represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with a large, well established, and growing company. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and are seeking opportunities for professional advancement, we invite you to join our team, and enjoy the added benefits of an on-site gym and cafeteria.
Park Derochie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined.
Please note that this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with valid, open work permits only.
To apply, please click here to submit your cover letter and resume.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in these positions. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.