Job Title: NACE Certified Coatings Inspector
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Park Derochie (Seaside) Coatings Inc. is currently seeking an experienced NACE Certified Coatings Inspector to join our team of highly skilled individuals.
Park Derochie specializes in all types of coatings & blasting, fireproofing, mechanical insulation, scaffolding and containment with sixty years of experience. We provide shop and/or field services to both industrial and large commercial customers throughout North America and continues to lead the way as one of Canada's premier industrial contractors. Our long-term, knowledgeable staff and qualified tradesmen are dedicated to meeting or exceeding project requirements while providing our customers with exceptional quality.
Park Derochie (Seaside) Coatings Inc. provides the same diverse package of services for which Park Derochie is well known and offers a team of experienced, knowledgeable staff certified in all aspects of the industry including application, safety, quality and inspection.
As an active membership with SSPC (Society for Protective Coatings) and NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineers) as well as having on-staff NACE Certified Inspectors ensuring quality control on all projects, Park Derochie (Seaside) also has the distinction of being the only SSPC QP3 certified shop in British Columbia. In addition to the shop QP 3 certification, we also hold current Field QP 1 and QP 2 certifications, making us the only company in British Columbia to have SSPC QP1, QP2 and QP3 certifications.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of abrasive blasting and coatings application to various structures such as piping, structural steel, vessels, tanks (internal/external) and bridges.
- Reports to QC Manager and other administrative departments in a timely and professional manner
- Understand and adhere to company Quality Management System.
- Understand and adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate conscientiousness and dependability to produce excellent Quality Documentation.
- Maintain all company records and documents in strict confidence.
- Correspond and communicate in a timely and professional manner with customers verbally and electronically.
- Represent Park Derochie (Seaside) Inc. in a professional manner with a high degree of integrity and character at all times.
- Occasional travel will be required for site visits, Pre-Job meeting, and possibly assistance to Field Division QC.
- Documentation Turnover quality records of the project are provided as per project agreement
- Inspection and Test plans are prepared, followed and updated, as required
- Equipment daily calibration, quality records, acceptance certificates are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements.
- Control all non-conformance (NCR) reports and ensure corrective actions and preventative actions are undertaken
- Ensure close-out of all open and or outstanding Non-Conformances
- Coordinate all Third Party inspections, as necessary.
- Thorough review of all project specifications to execute Inspection and Testing Plans (ITP) in accordance with Quality Management System.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- NACE Level 2 minimum, while level 3 is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office program (Excel, Word, etc.)
- 3 - 5 years of documented Quality Control experience.
- Must be able to pass Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol Screening.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, sitting and walking throughout the shift.
- Must be able to wear a half-mask and/or full-face respirator for extended periods, when required.
- May be required to work in extremely tight spaces or on elevated platforms.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to support field projects, if required.
COMPETENCY AND ABILITIES
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of applicable standards such as NACE, SSPC, ASTM, ISO and others that pertain to inspection and testing.
- Working knowledge base of coating specifications
- Review, compiles and copies turnover packages and submits to the customer at the end of each project.
- Ability to consistently present a professional attitude to third party inspectors
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment
- Detail oriented and very strong organization skills
- Ability to work in variable conditions, which may range from wet and humid conditions to dry and hot.
- Ability to work in environment with moderate to loud noise and operating machinery and/or equipment.
If you are an experienced NACE QC Inspector who enjoys working as part of a dynamic team, a position with Park Derochie represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with opportunities for professional advancement within a large, well-established and growing company.
Please forward cover letter and resume to BCjobs@ParkDerochie.com
Park Derochie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, competencies and abilities outlined.
Please submit your cover letter and resume stating qualifications and salary expectations. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.