PARK DEROCHIE continues to lead the way as one of North America’s Largest Coating companies as well as one of Canada’s premier industrial contractors specializing in all types of protective coatings, abrasive blasting, fireproofing, mechanical insulation and scaffolding with over sixty years of experience.
Our Ontario division, is seeking a dynamic, results oriented General Manager with strong management skills in Sarnia. This permanent, full time position is Monday to Friday with benefits. Preference will be given to someone with significant management experience in construction with focus on coatings, fireproofing, insulation, or scaffolding.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills and be accountable for Park Derochie’s Ontario division.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- The ability to read profit, loss, cash flow, and balance sheet statements
- Maintain awareness of business and market trends including new product or service offerings that could impact the company;
- Working with all Divisions within Park Derochie
- Act as the liaison between customers, both internal and external, ensuring that customer needs are met.
- Monitor procurement processes to ensure that Park Derochie is obtaining the best fiscal return on all expenditures
- Prepare budgets and operating requirement changes that are imminent
- Display effective e-mail and phone etiquette
- Have a strong working knowledge of database, excel and word processing programs
- Work positively with all operating groups to determine opportunities to advance PD’s global profitability by ensuring appropriate equipment pricing
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality work in a timely fashion
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ensure corporate safety, quality, and policies and general practices are adhered to
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required, must be maintained throughout employment
- Must be able to pass pre-access Drug & Alcohol test
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field (Management or Construction) is an asset but not required.
- 7+ years in construction and/or industrial, performing in senior field and office roles.
- 5+ years in leadership roles.
- Leading the PDI Ontario team, while working closely with PD operations across Canada
- Strong communication and diplomacy
- Critical Thinking / Problem solving / Decision making
- Uphold safe and positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Own transportation
- Steel-toed safety boots
Why work for Park Derochie?:
- Well established company
- Competitive Wages & Benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
- Year round employment
If you are an experienced individual who enjoys working as part of a dynamic team; a position with Park Derochie represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with opportunities for professional advancement within a large, well established and growing company.
Park Derochie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and competencies outlined.
Please submit your cover letter and resume stating qualifications and salary expectations. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com