Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Park Derochie, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, specializes in all types of coatings & blasting, fireproofing, mechanical insulation, scaffolding and containment. With sixty years of experience, Park Derochie provides shop and/or field services to both industrial and large commercial customers throughout North America and continues to lead the way as one of Canada’s premier industrial contractors.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Insulation Estimator / Project Manager to join our team of long term employees who are committed to “Providing Best in Class Services” to our clients. This career opportunity is a full time, seasonal placement located in Regina, with the possibility of a longer term.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete insulation RFP’s / RFQ’s
- Prepare and complete estimates with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, quantity take-off, costing, generation of proposal documents, and contract review from assignment through to bid closeout.
- Compute cost factors, develop work execution strategies.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, plan for additional resources, develop realistic action plans.
- Communicate with customers during bidding process and attend meetings related to project’s bidding.
- Generate bid proposals and provide follow up with the customer through bid closeout.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently, plan for additional resources, develop realistic action plans.
- Execute insulation projects varying in size.
- Able to measure success by project safety, quality, schedule, budget and relationships with client, vendors and PD employees.
- Work within contractual requirements, track job costs, change order process, develop and implement cost savings measures, understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, ensure project profitability/labor and material rate of return.
- Communicate with customers and superintendents on design changes, value engineering, udget variation, and scheduling.
- Ensure that all preventive and corrective actions performed for the project/site are resolved in a timely manner that satisfy all client, regulator and company quality requirements.
- Review and ensure that project/site quality documentation is issued and maintained per client, regulatory and company quality requirements.
- Inspect and document contract installation/service workmanship in accordance with company standards and contractual documents.
- Generate and maintain appropriate reports for management review.
- Ideal candidate will have related experience in Industrial Insulation Project Management and Estimating.
- Well rounded knowledge of Industrial construction.
- Strong PC Skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Projects and Outlook) inclusive of Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking and writing clearly and informatively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel as needed to support the job. Assignment to a jobsite may be required.
A position with Park Derochie represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with a large, well established, and growing company. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and are seeking opportunities for professional advancement, we invite you to join our team.
Park Derochie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined.
Please note that this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with valid, open work permits only.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to SKJobs@ParkDerochie.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in these positions. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to SKJobs@ParkDerochie.com