Park Derochie Inc. is recruiting for multiple jobs in BC and Alberta starting March 2022. Positions with various clients are available including camp or LOA options. Note that some client sites will require potential employees to be fully vaccinated.
Park Derochie Inc. represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with a large, well established, and growing company. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and are seeking opportunities for professional advancement, we invite you to join our team.
Industrial Painter Journeyperson will be expected:
- Understand and adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of coatings application work
- Prepare, operate and inspect blast pots and spray pumps
- Abrasive blast and apply paint/coatings to piping, structural steel, vessels, tanks (internal/external) and bridges
- Mentoring of apprentices in safety, quality and technical work
- Behave in a professional manner with a high degree of respect for self, co-workers and clients
- Operate various power tools in accordance with company safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience required
- Previous spray and blast experience on tanks (internal and external), vessels, piping, structural steel and bridges in the field.
- Familiar with the operating and safety procedures for plural component spray units, airless pumps and conventional spray pots.
- Strong team and customer service.
Terms of Employment:
Project based employment
Base Wage: $ /hour
$37.50 – $43.83
- Health and welfare
- Vacation + Stat pay (10-12%)
Potential shifts include: 5 & 2, 14 & 7, 10 & 4. Various locations.
Transportation & accomodation:
- Site dependent
Pre-Access alcohol & drug test, COVID testing
Location of Employment:
Various locations throughout Alberta and British Columbia
Other Job Requirements:
- Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots, long sleeved shirts, pants, and tool list as per collective agreement
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding work (frequent standing, walking, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling, and twisting), must be able to lift / carry up to 50 lb. Repetitive tasks.
- Work Site Environment: Outdoor Site (all seasons)
Park Derochie Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined.
Please note that this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with valid, open work permits only.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org