Park Derochie is a National Premier Industrial Contractor across Canada. We are seeking Industrial Painters & Sandblasters to join our team in our Edmonton, Alberta.
Successful candidates will be part of a unique and innovative work environment dedicated to exemplary safety, quality, and production standards. Individuals must be self-motivated, show pride in their work, and have high regard for our corporate quality and safety management systems.
- Conscientiously perform duties involving all aspects of coating industrial piping and structural steel according to job specifications
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply coatings using airless and Conventional Spray Systems
- General understanding of industrial paints and equipment
- Understand and adhere to corporate quality and safety management systems
- Behave in a professional manner with a high degree of respect for self, co-workers and clients
Education, Training and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience coating in an industrial environment
- Minimum painting experience an asset however, training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Experience operating an Overhead Crane, Tractor/Trailer, Forklift and/or Zoom Boom for loading and unloading materials considered an asset
- Demonstrate clear communication skills with the ability to speak and write in the English language
- Physically fit and able to do physically demanding work
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Punctual, reliable, and able to work collaboratively with others
- Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift
- Frequent climbing, stooping, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and twisting
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to wear a full-face respirator for extended periods
- Must be able to work in extremely tight spaces or on elevated platforms
- Drug and Alcohol testing may be required
- Must have access to reliable transportation as nearby public transportation is not guaranteed
Park Derochie is dedicated to fostering an inclusive and supportive work environment. We respect and value the diverse backgrounds and traditions of all employees and the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourage resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and competencies outlined.
Please note that positions listed are available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents with a current/open work permit only. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in these positions; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org