The Office Administrator (Ontario) would be a confident, results orientated individual with strong interpersonal and administrative skills to work along side a solid team. This permanent, full time position is Monday to Friday with competitive wage and benefits. Preference will be given to someone with significant office experience in an industrial construction environment who has the ability to work independently as well as support a 5 to 7-person management group that includes multi-service construction services.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be accountable for Park Derochie’s Ontario Division. This person will also work closely with our Corporate accounting group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter daily time and create LEMs for all jobs – as required
- Enter all new hire/ re-hire information into the database, scan and send all the information to Edmonton.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (email, letters, packages, etc.)
- Track and order office supplies and other supplies as required by other departments
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to company’s operations
- Direct office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies
- Provide support to Ontario Safety Department – as required
- Provide field and shop divisions administration support
- Provide supervision, direction and mentoring of other administration personal – as required
- Prepare monthly billings binders with all the LEMs (signed and extended) – as required
- Code and enter billable vendor invoices into the Time DB and include on LEMs scan and save them in the job file – as required
- Copy billable invoices and attach to appropriate LEM for the billing binder – as required
- Prepare transmittals for the client and distribute and save all incoming mail
- Ensure PO Log, issuing of PO’s and file packing slips are completed
- Enter new jobs and billing rates into Time DB – as required
- Submit weekly payroll summaries to Edmonton – as required
- Create monthly packages for invoicing – as required
- Control and secure all employee information
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associated degree or diploma in office administration is an asset but not required.
- 2+ years in an office administration position.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication and diplomacy
- Critical Thinking / Problem solving / Decision making
- A safe and positive attitude
- Attention to detail
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org