Park Derochie Inc. is recruiting for multiple jobs in BC and Alberta. Positions with various clients are available including camp or LOA options. Note that some client sites will require potential employees to be fully vaccinated.
Title of Position:
Industrial Painter Apprentice
A position with Park Derochie Inc. represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with a large, well established, and growing company. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and are seeking opportunities for professional advancement, we invite you to join our team.
Industrial Painter apprentice will be expected to:
- Understand and adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Learn to successfully apply coatings using airless and Conventional Spray Systems
- Blasting/ and coating of material to the required specifications
- Select appropriate coating and mix as per manufacturers specifications
- Testing the atmosphere and paint/coating thicknesses and filling out the required documentation
- Completing jobs in a timely manner meeting set deadlines
- Clean equipment and perform routine maintenance
- Behave in a professional manner with a high degree of respect for self, co-workers and clients
- Operate various power tools in accordance with company safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the construction industry; preferably in an industrial setting;
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of air compressors or other diesel and gasoline equipment
- Mixing of single or multi component coating materials;
- Sanding, cleaning, scaling, scraping, masking;
- Familiar and experienced with the use of various power tools
- Experience with brush, roller, or spray applied coatings – Residential, Commercial, Industrial
- Exhibits strong organizational skills;
Terms of Employment:
Project based employment
Base Wage: $ /hour
$16.62 – $35.97
- Health & Welfare
- Vacation & Holiday Pay (12%)
Potential shifts include: 5 & 2, 14 & 7, 10 & 4. Various locations.
Transportation & accomodation:
- Site Dependent
Pre-Access alcohol & drug test, COVID testing
Location of Employment:
Other Job Requirements:
- Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots, long sleeved shirts, pants, and tool list as per collective agreement
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding work (frequent standing, walking, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling, and twisting), must be able to lift / carry up to 50 lb. Repetitive tasks.
- Work Site Environment: Outdoor Site (all seasons)
Contact Information for Application:
Park Derochie Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined.
Please note that this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with valid, open work permits only.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org